THE 76TH INTERNATIONAL DESCENT OF THE RIVER SELLA – 4TH AUGUST 2012
The cost for each BCU athlete intending to compete at the 76th International Descent of the River Sella on 4 August 2012 will be £9.00. This will include race entry (€8.00) and cover the cost of international bank transfers and the letters of authority which all athletes will require in order to compete at this race.
All international entries for this race need to be endorsed by the relevant National Federation – British Canoe Union.
Any BCU athlete requiring an entry to the 76th International Descent of the River Sella will need to provide the following details to Simon Hitchcox at the Canoe Foundation, by Friday 20 July 2012
– telephone 0300 011 9502 or e-mail email@example.com
Please note NO entries will be accepted after this date.
- Names and BCU Membership Numbers for all athletes require an entry – Only entries from current Comprehensive BCU members will be accepted
- Which canoe club you belong to.
- Which class you wish to enter. (Veterans are advised to paddle the Senior race in order to give them a better starting position on the Le Mans type start). Juniors are 16-18, Cadets under 16. Dates of birth will be required for Veterans, Junior or Cadet classes.
- Your current Marathon Ranking Division (for this particular event a ranking of Division 6 or above would be recommended).
- Entry fee of £9.00 per athlete. Please make cheques payable to ‘British Canoe Union’, Credit/Debit card payments are also accepted.
You will receive a letter stamped by the BCU confirming to the Spanish Race Organisers that you have BCU approval to race at Sella and the other races in the series. A team leader will shortly be appointed who has had previous experience of the event and will collect your race numbers and be the first point of contact should there be any problems.
Full details of the event and associated races are available on the race website www.descensodelsella.com