Safety Training Courses
Canoe England delivers a range of BCU Safety Training courses for paddlers of all skill levels. These are designed to provide the skills and knowledge needed to operate safely in a variety of different environments.
The Foundation Safety and Rescue Training course establishes the basic behaviors and priorities which are developed for increasingly advanced environmental conditions in the rest of the series, which currently includes:
• Foundation Safety and Rescue Training
• White Water Safety and Rescue Training
• Advanced White Water Safety and Rescue Training
• Advanced Surf Safety and Rescue Training
• Coastal Navigation and Tidal Planning
• Open Water Navigation and Tidal Planning
These training courses are also integrated as prerequisites to a number of other BCU Awards and Qualifications.
In some cases RYA qualifications can be used as alternatives for the Navigation and Tidal Planning courses. Please click here to find out more about these equivalencies.