Welcome to the Volunteers home page of our website
The volunteer pages aim to provide you with all the information you need for your club, centre or committee. We welcome your feedback and comments on the site, click here.
Keep up to date with the latest news!
What is a Volunteer?
The term 'volunteer' is often used by many different people to mean many different things. For Canoe England, a volunteer is defined as any person who gives their time to the sport in any role whether in a club, centre, committee or at an event. This includes coaches, officials, committees, trustees, parent helpers, and anyone else who gives their time free of charge - even if this is making the tea, washing the kit, or repairing equipment.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of the sport and Paddlesport cannot sustain the development of young people, clubs, coaching and competitions without this willing workforce.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- Increase in confidence
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Improve organisational and work skills
- Enhances employability and is admirable on a CV
- Improve your career options
- Gain experience in different roles
- Develop transferable skills and knowledge
- Provides new challenges
- Volunteering can show health benefits